Fall Restoration Day is happening on September 22 this year in Volunteer Park from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Who We Are
The mission of Volunteer Park Trust is to preserve and enhance this city and national landmark for today and for generations to come.
Centrally located on Seattle’s Capitol Hill, Volunteer Park represents the most complete and well-preserved example of the Olmsted Brothers’ design approach for Seattle city parks.
Volunteer Park incorporates one of Seattle’s first reservoirs, built in 1900, as the core of the city’s municipal supply system. The Park also includes a rustic, brick-clad water tower with observation deck, a Conservatory, the Seattle Asian Art Museum, an historic shelter house, wading pool and play area, a performance stage, tennis courts, public art and memorials, and significant heritage trees.
Widely used and much loved, Volunteer Park serves as both a citywide destination and a neighborhood park in one of Seattle’s densest, most prominent neighborhoods.
Preserving Seattle’s historic green oasis
Learn more about our current and upcoming projects.
How You Can Help
The future and success of these goals rests with all of us who love the Park. Please join the Trust to ensure that Volunteer Park remains a magnificent urban oasis for another 100 years.
- Attend one of our fun-filled events. Holiday in the Park, Picnic in the Park and our Halloween Pet Parade are hosted by Volunteer Park Trust for the entire community to enjoy.
- Volunteer. Volunteer opportunities which fit your schedule and maximize your talents are available – whether that’s volunteering at an event or joining one of our committees.
- Become a Steward of the Trust. All of your donations help us restore Seattle’s historic green oasis to its true glory. Click here to donate now through our fiscal sponsor Seattle Parks Foundation.
- Become a corporate sponsor. Click here to go to our Sponsorship page.
- Brian Giddens, Steering Committee Chair
- Ellen Look, Steering Committee Vice Chair, Acting Secretary
- Brad Shutzberg, Treasurer
- Doug Bayley, Ex Officio, Liaison — Sustainability Coalition
- Kyle Capizzi, Liaison — Friends of Seattle’s Olmsted Parks
- Patty Helberg, Events Committee Co-Chair
- Nancy Iannucci, Events Committee Co-Chair
- Brooks Kolb, Landscape Committee Chair
- Laura Skelton, Development Committee Chair
- Jennifer Ott
- Jane Stonecipher
- Stephen Worth, Capital Projects Committee Chair
Our Organization Partners
Volunteer Park Trust collaborates with the following organizations on events and projects:
Become a Volunteer!
We can use your help to keep Volunteer Park looking beautiful. Share your email and we’ll keep you in the loop about volunteer opportunities!
Latest News & Articles:
Read all about our July Summer Picnic, more exciting news about the Amphitheater, and fun events coming to Volunteer Park!
Volunteer Park Trust's latest newsletter is out now with EXCITING news about the Amphitheater Project!
Spring has arrived with abundant blooms in Volunteer Park. Read the latest on our upcoming Spring Restoration Day, our new sponsor, and GiveBIG in our April newsletter!
You can read the monthly updates on the museum renovation process on the website of their contractor BNBuilders.
Seattle Parks Foundation was founded as a partner for Seattle Parks and Recreation (SPR), and became an independent nonprofit in...